Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trove Tuesday

I learnt about another new Genealogy prompt, "TROVE Tuesday", proposed by blogger Branchesleavespollen.   As a lover I Trove I think it's a great idea.  I wear my "I love trove" badge on my work lanyard and use it almost every day. 

Trove is fantastic for finding out snippets of information that you wouldn't learn anywhere else.  I love the way journalists wrote, the detail of the mundane, items of news that would never make the news nowadays.  The articles breathe life into an area or person.

Playford's Past will post snippets from Trove.  This month, I will post about the small township of Penfield.  Yes people had things to grumble about even back then.


South Australian Register 29 September 1859
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful post! I live in Salisbury... next suburb over. About forty years ago, as a young RAAF wife & mother, lived at Saxon Street, Smithfield Plains (just off Peachey Road)
    Fantastic to read a story about the original Pioneers in the area. Thanks.
    Cheers, Catherine

    ReplyDelete